Dr. Aunon understands that some patients are apprehensive when they go to the dentist, and for them going to the dentist is a lot more difficult. If you have ever avoided getting much needed dental care out of fear or anxiety, or if the thought of going to the dentist makes you anxious or nervous, sedation dentistry could be for you.
You may want to consider sedation dentistry for the following:
- Involved and complicated dental treatments that normally take several visits can be completed in as little as one.
- People with stressful lifestyles, high anxiety and busy schedules can complete treatment comfortably in less visits.
- Bad gag reflex.
- Aversion to dental sounds and smells.
- Resistance to anesthetics.
- Past bad dental experience.
- Fear of needles and drills.
For your appointment and based upon his medical assessment, Dr. Aunon can offer several types of sedation; nitrous oxide, oral sedation or I.V. sedation.
Nitrous oxide is a gas you inhale which allows complete relaxation during your visit.
Oral sedation involves taking medication specific to your needs prior to having dental work. You will remain conscious and able to understand and follow directions. Fortunately, sedation medications have an amnesic effect. That means you’ll have very little, if any, memory of the sights, smells or sounds of your visit.
I.V. sedation is provided by a board certified anesthesiologist who will come into the office for the visit.
During the visit your level of comfort, sedation and vitals will be continually monitored so that your visit is completely safe. After you are comfortable, our doctors and their experienced dental team will take care of your dental needs. When your treatment is completed your companion will take you home.